Mocean monday.com SMS Automation User Documentation
Looking for other documentation ?
- MoceanAPI - SMS Broadcast Documentation
- MoceanAPI - Send SMS Documentation
- MoceanAPI - Omnichannel Messaging
- MoceanAPI - SMS Automation Documentation (Current)
- SMS Sender ID Country List
- Non-Supported Trigger Methods
- Notifications and Updates in monday.com
- Custom Date Time format
- Country Setting
- Voice Call
- Whitelist IP Address
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Automatically send SMS when new Item is created
- Automatically send SMS on specific date
- Automatically send SMS when the status value changed
- Automatically send SMS when the column value changed
- Automatically send Voice Call (Text to speech) when new Item is created
- Automatically send Voice Call (Text to speech) on specific date
- Automatically send Voice Call (Text to speech) when the status value changed
- Automatically send Voice Call (Text to speech) when the column value changed
Select the board you would like to install MoceanAPI Automation
- Click on
Integrations Centerand Search for
Moceanin the search bar and install
MoceanAPI - Automation
- Choose the automation that fits your needs and click
Add to board
- Enter your Mocean API Credentials and the sender
- After you’ve successfully authenticated, you will be redirected back to
Monday.comto customize your
After customizing your
Automation Recipe, click on
Add to boardat bottom right
When the automation is triggered, the SMS log will be displayed in the
MoceanAPI - Item Appif you installed.
Non-Supported Trigger Methods
- Sending SMS when an item is created
new itemcreated does not have a
phonefield value upon creation.
Workaroundwould be to set up an automation recipe:
When Column Changes, Send SMS to Phone from Your Business Nameand manually update the phone column after new item is created.
- Sending to
subitemsis not supported at the moment
Notifications and Updates in monday.com
If you’d like to disable receiving notifications and updates in monday.com whenever an automated SMS is triggered, you can configure it in the Update API Credentials Page
- First navigate to
MoceanAPI - Send SMS appor
MoceanAPI - SMS Broadcast app.
- Then click on the
Update API Credentials Link. You can then configure whether you’d like to receive notifications in monday.com for every
Custom Date Time format
Sometimes you may want to display a different format for your date time column in your SMS sent using Automation, you can do it by specifying your desired format in the Update API Credentials Page
YYYY: 4-digit year
YY: 2-digit year
MMMM: Full-length month
MMM: 3 character month
MM: Month of the year, zero-padded
M: Month of the year
DD: Day of the month, zero-padded
D: Day of the month
Do: Day of the month with numeric ordinal contraction
HH: hour of day from 0-24, zero-padded,
H: hour of day from 0-24,
hh: hour of day on 12-hour clock, zero-padded,
h: hour of the day on 12 hour clock,
mm: minute, zero-padded,
ss: second, zero-padded
Below is an example how you can combine both Date & Time format to create a customized date time format.
ddd, YYYY MMM DD, h:mm A | Wed, 2022 Aug 10, 9:32 AM |
MMMM d, YYYY HH:mm | August 3, 2022 09:32 |
Sometimes your data might not include a country code for the phone number, you can specify the country setting and we will automatically convert the number to the equivalent of your chosen country code.
For eg: the number
0123456789 will be converted to
60123456789 for the country
Configure this setting if you only send to one country and the phone number doesn’t have a prepended country code
We will always prioritize the country code we get from your monday.com item
Contact us here to setup your account for voice call capability.
By default, the
Number we use to call your recipient is:
63001 which may be identified as
Spam number when your recipient receive the call.
To avoid this and get better answering chance, we suggest you to buy a virtual number from us here
After you’ve bought your virtual number, you can select the virtual number in your
If you’ve decided to send a Voice Recording instead of a Text To Speech, we have automation recipe that supports this. You will need to input the
Recording Link input, you will need to supply a
Direct Link to the recording like below.
Below, we will show you steps for 2 platform (Dropbox, Github) which you can upload your voice recording for free.
Upload voice recording to Dropbox
- Create an account in Dropbox
- Upload your audio file and copy the link to your audio file
- Copy the parameter highlighted above from the uploaded URL and add it to the end of dl.dropboxusercontent.com, as demonstrated in the highlighted section below.
So the final URL you should paste in the Recording Link in your automation recipe is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mpx3yi0cbrgsxeq/welcome%20to%20moceanapi.mp3
Upload voice recording to Github
Important Files uploaded to public repository are accessible by everyone. If you want to limit access, we suggest you to go with Dropbox
- Sign up for an account in Github
- On your left navigation panel, click on New to create a new repository
- Give your repository a name. Eg: Audio Files
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Create Repository
- Upload your audio file
- Click on Commit Changes
- Click on the newly uploaded file
- Right click on View Raw and copy the link
- Paste the link in Recording Link in your automation recipe
Whitelist IP Address
For added security, you should whitelist
192.168.4.1 IP address in your MoceanAPI Dashboard
To do so, follow these steps
- Go to MoceanAPI Dashboard
- Navigate to API Account
- Key in
192.168.4.1into Allow IP field
- Can I get Test Credits ?
You can get 20 FREE credits and credits are valid for 14 days. Subject to approval. Please note that once you make a top-up, the free credits will be removed.
- Can I send international messages?
Yes. We are an international SMS provider. You can send out SMS both locally and internationally based on our price list.
- What is the maximum characters per SMS I can put into the message?
English messages can be up to 160 characters, while for Unicode text messages (including Arabic, Chinese, etc.), the limit is 70 characters.
- Can I send long message content?
Yes, you can send long message content and your credit will be deducted based on the length of the message content.
- Is there a limit to how many numbers I can send at one time?
There is no limit on numbers to be sent in one go.
- What format does my phone number need to be in?
Mobile phone numbers need to be entered in international formatting with the country code and without spaces, plus signs or leading zeros.
- What is the character limit for the sender/sender ID?
The alpha sender ID can be a maximum of 11 characters, while the numeric sender can consist of up to 15 digits.
- Can I utilize my personal mobile or landline number as the sender for SMS to the US?
No, it’s necessary to purchase a dedicated number, such as a Toll-Free Number, and complete the use case verification process.
- I attempted to send messages to US numbers, but they failed to be delivered. Why?
Message content that is not registered will result in a failure. To comply with US regulations, it’s essential to buy a number and undergo a use case verification before you can send SMS to your customers.
- How do I go about obtaining or purchasing a number in the US/Canada?
a) Complete the number registration form available here
b) Proceed with the payment.
c) During the pending registration approval phase, a number will be provided for sending SMS on a smaller scale.
d) After your registration is approved, you’ll be able to send and receive SMS without volume limitations.
- What is the expected timeframe for number approval?
The duration varies, but typically it takes approximately a month or less.
- Why my SMS failed to deliver ?
You may have set an invalid sender id, alphanumeric sender id must be less than 12 characters, numeric sender id must be less than 16 characters. Another common issue is you did not specify the correct phone number format including country code. eg: Country code 60 for country malaysia, 60123456789
- How to top up my account ?
Click here and select your payment method of choice (Paypal and credit card)
- Why I cannot buy a Virtual Number ?
Your account is under trial mode or has insufficient balance. Please top up before proceeding with number purchase.
Did not find what you’re looking for ?
Do raise a support ticket with our Support Team at email@example.com.
Feature Request / Get Help
Do raise a support ticket with our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.